This is not business as usual for any business. We’ll get through it together. The Tysons Regional Chamber has gathered some information and resources below to help you best manage through your challenges.
Below you will find links to keep you informed on COVID-19 news, access to business financial resources, Tysons area restaurants offering Carryout and Delivery and available health resources. This will page will continue to be updated with current information as the situation evolves.
Please email us at info@Tysonschamber.org if there are other resources we could provide.
Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce Resources: Letter from the Chairman (March 13, 2020) /
Public Health and Safety Resources
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus Situation Reports
- Centers for Disease Control
- Virginia Department of Health
- Commonwealth of Virginia: Updates from Governor Ralph Northam
- Fairfax County: Coronavirus Updates
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Rep. Wexton‘s Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program (Fact Sheet) [PDF] US Department of Treasury
- SBA Economic Disaster Loan Program
- SBA Economic Disaster Loan Program Overview (Women’s Business Center) [PDF]
- Fairfax County EDA: Business Resource Hub
- What to do if you are sick Fact Sheet (Centers for Disease Control) [PDF]
- Joint Statement from the Chief Elected Officials of the National Capital Region on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Workforce Resources for Employers and Job Seekers (Loudoun Economic Development)
- Community Resources to Protect At-Risk Persons
- Coronavirus Updates from Senator Mark Warner
Updates for Local Member Businesses
|Dominos||8133 Watson Street, Mc Lean, Virginia 22102
|Contactless Delivery and Carryout. Pay and Tip Online||Order Online|
|Seasons 52||7863 L Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA 22102||Special 20% off ToGo Menu.
Curbside Pickup or Free delivery.
|Urban Plates||1782M Galleria at Tysons II
Tysons, VA 22102
|No contact curbside pick-up or free delivery.||Order Online|
|Eddie V’s||7900 Tysons One Place
McLean, VA 22102
|Takeout and Complimentary Delivery. Please Call to place an order||Website|
|Earl’s||7902 Tysons One Place
McLean, VA 22102
To-Go and Carry Out
20% off pickup orders
Packages: Groceries, Meal Kits, Pantry, Dairy, Protein
Online Chat for Business
Slack – Your team can see who is online at a glance and call through the computer with a click. Lots of integrations. (Use them!)
Hangouts – It might make sense if you use G-Suite in your company. With the Meet version it seems they are working on improving it. We left it for Slack about 1 year ago.
Teams – Definitely consider if you are on Office 365 or about to adopt it.
Gravatate – Private chat and collaboration workspaces help professionals engage, inform and lead the teams, clients and members they serve.
Video and Conference Calling for Business
Video calls are highly recommended as your team and customers need face-to-face communication.
|Platform||Covid-19 Extras||Limits on Free Services|
|Uberconference||Extended Call Length and Up to 50 participants||Check here|
|Zoom||Free for Educational Entities||40 min calls for more than 3 people|
|Teams||6-Month Free Trial||Check here|
|Hangouts||Free Addons for G-Suite customers||Up to 10 people|
|Webex||Up to 100 participants No limit on call length.||No recording.|
Uberconference is the easiest to sign up with for the most features. No call length limit and 50 users due to Covid-19. Good solution if you need something fast and simple, try it out.
May be difficult to get new accounts due to the volume of demand. Otherwise the free version allows group calls (larger than 3 people) for up to 40 minutes. Here is the best guide I have seen on getting started. Can’t sign up? (And this goes for any of the tools) Maybe borrow and account from a friend who is not using it.
It comes with Office 365, but you can sign up also with a Microsoft or Gmail account. It is important to start with the correct link to activate it. The difference between paid and free teams can be found here but due to Covid-19 paid teams has a free 6 month trial for now.
Hangouts and Duo can work for calls with up to 10 people and are available if you have a Gmail account. Currently not possible to set up a dial number with the version linked to a free Gmail account. More advanced features are available (And now for no additional charge through July 31, 2020) if you have G-Suite (paid Corporate G-Mail).
(And now for no additional charge through July 31, 2020) if you have G-Suite (Paid G-Mail and Drive). More can be found here.
Data/List compiled by Ken Fischer of Atigro.
Mental Health/Self-care Resources
Resources list courtesy of NAMI Northern Virginia
- Our local NAMI Northern Virginia Helpline will remain open. While we cannot guarantee that someone will be able to answer your call, our volunteers will continue to respond to voicemails and emails. Call 571-458-7310 x 102 to leave a voicemail or email email@example.com.
- Both the NAMI Virginia and NAMI National Helplines are also available if you are unable to reach one of our volunteers. They will only be able to respond to voicemails and emails. These are NOT crisis lines.
NAMI National Helpline: (800) 950-NAMI (6264) firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are in a crisis situation and need immediate help you can call the National Suicide Lifeline or text the crisis line.
National Suicide Lifeline 800-273-TALK (8255)
Text NAMI to 741-741
- The Disaster Distress Helpline is a national hotline available to anyone and everyone experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, toll-free national hotline with multilingual, and confidential crisis support. Please call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. Spanish-speakers can call the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 bilingual support. The hotline can also connect with counselors in over 100 other languages via 3rd-party interpretation services.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 1-800-799-7233
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Trans Lifeline 877-565-8860
- If you need someone to talk to, and you are not in a crisis, you can also check out Mental Health America of Virginia’s Warmline by calling 1-866-400-MHAV (6428) between 9am and 9pm Monday-Friday or 5pm-9pm Saturday and Sunday.
Virtual Support Groups
- NAMI Family Support Groups and NAMI Connection Support Groups at Northern Virginia are moving to virtual platforms. Please check our website nami-northernvirginia.org for more information coming soon.
- Formed Families Forward’s Stronger Together Support Groups are going virtual. There will be a support group for youth and young adults followed by a group for parents. These groups will meet on a weekly basis. Find more information and register here.
- Friends of Loudoun Mental Health will hold their suicide loss support group via conference call on April 15th. For more information or if you are struggling and need to talk to someone, you can call 703-443-1380 and someone will return your call. Contact Katrina Cole at email@example.com for more information on other services.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance will hold virtual support groups for individuals living with depression or bipolar disorder, as well as family and friends throughout the country. You can find the upcoming groups here.
Virtual Mental Health Services
- A Place to Be will be utilizing social media platforms to offer music therapy, stress relief, and creativity sessions for anyone to join. They will also be providing virtual music therapy sessions and parent support sessions to current clients. Contact Rich@aplacetobeva.org for more information.
- Many counseling centers, therapists and other services are going virtual. Check your regular mental health provider’s websites or call to see if they have virtual options.
- Sunstone Counseling is switching to virtual sessions. They are accepting new clients virtually during this time. Find out more here: https://www.sunstonecounselors.com/
- To help you find treatment services near you: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
- Find tips from NAMI on coping with Anxiety and Depression worsened by the coronavirus outbreak here.
- Find tips from SAMHSA on taking care of yourself during social distancing or quarantine here.
- Find tips from Mental Health First Aid on how to care for yourself while practicing physical distancing here.
Guided Mindfulness Meditations: https://www.uclahealth.org/marc/mindful-meditations